What is this really about....

I've been going back and forth for the last few years about my life and a lot of the decisions I have made and it always came back to money or life. I have always created my own path, sometimes it was great and sometimes it was a fail. I have to admit, I have had way more fails, lol, but it's really about how you bounce back from the fails. I have been able to have two awesome careers in my lifetime, two careers some people call a hobby, but still secretly tell me how they have always wanted to do it. I've been a bartender for 14 years and a filmmaker for 5. By all means bartending pays all the bills, but being in film feeds my soul. I love bartending, I meet a lot of people, some good and some bad, I get to change your energy with a drink and a smile, I get to listen to whatever is on your mind, I get to create drinks based of what a person feels, it's amazing. However, as a filmmaker and producer I put together people and resources to create a story, I tell peoples stories, I bring words to life, I have the chance to change the way people think, I make people think, I invoke conversation, I really can change the world. Both of these world are great but I have always struggled with having to pick one, but a really close friend asked me why " Why do you have to choose, I don't understand why you can't do both" she said. Then it hit me, I have always created a way in life, why can't I create a way to connect my two loves? So after talking to my soul sister Safaa, Pictures and Cocktails.....my life in motion was born, this is a journey about the ups and downs of both worlds, you will meet the people in my life like my mentors, friends and family and help me to stay motivated through the darkness and inspire in the light..... who really knows, just come with me on this journey. Always in motion, Jenique Keyatta Holder Mincey

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts