Making the hard decisions

You know my late 20's was when I first started to make hard decisions, I decided to get a divorce, I decided to end ties with a person I thought would love me forever, in the last year I walked away for a film company that was doing work I loved, I walked away from a successful bar program that I put a lot of work into most recently I walked away from a place that I couldn't quite make fit. When do you decide to make the hard decision to walk away? I have always believed in signs from God and that he tests you, if you fail the test, no matter what you do and where you go, you will keep getting the same test. But how do you know..... for me, it comes down to these few things. *When you are being treated like crap by your coworkers and or management- I have always believed that I rather be your shot of whiskey than your cup of tea, I don't do it on purpose, but I don't appeal to everyone, but I know I am respected. If you are at a place and you are being treated any kind of way unprovoked....it's time. *You have done everything you truly feel that you have done- Plenty of times you have stayed quiet, done your job as best as you can, stood your ground and ultimately fallen back and it still is the same....it's time. *When you are having to step out of character- When you are acting out of character on a daily based and you can't shake it even outside of work....it's time. *When your joy is being stolen- When you come to work happy but leave sad and broken...it's time. *And finally, when you are fighting for it alone- When you are always the one talking about change, making the changes, doing the work with no support, just resistants...it's time. I have always stayed longer than I needed to in situations because I don't want to leave people in distress or quit, but a new friend told me maybe God is making you uncomfortable because it's time, I don't know the answers, but I know I have to trust the journey.
Life will always go on..... Still in motion Keyatta

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts