But do you write though.....

So very few people in my life know that I'm actually a writer, it started with poems in middles school, love letters in high school, journaling in college, continued into my modeling career, but I stopped when I got married and started having kids. I began again after my divorce and a devastating breakup, kinda as therapy, then I had the crazy notion that I could turn this into something people would want to see. I was moving from my townhouse to my current home and found some of my old writing and thought, you know, this isn't bad. It started back with fashion/beauty blogging, then notes on story ideas, then titles for the ideas and then I slowly started to fill the outline of the story. There is nothing more scarier then putting your thoughts to words and paper for strangers to see, but how do you get past the fear? You keep the focus on the story, have someone you trust read it and give you honest feedback and you don't take it personal if people don't get it. I often feel bad because I don't crank things other like others, but I truly enjoy it when I get in the zone, I have a TV series, 6 outlines on films, 5 notes on my documentaries about Liberia and 2 web series that I promise will see the light one day, I think my starting to blog again is a good enough start, don't you think? I can't wait for the day that I can produce my own work and not others..... Still in motion Jenique

Comments

Popular Posts