Being the help

I love my job, whatever that is these days, I love traveling with bartending, I love speaking about cocktails and creating them. I do a lot for my craft but it hit me about a year ago that I'm really the help. There is nothing wrong with it. It's a noble profession one of finesse and many never get to the level me and a lot of my friends have gotten to. I realized it when I was the cool kid, but I am still there to do a job when everyone is hanging on your every word until someone asks you to make them a drink, when you don't get to sit down where you want but where you are told. My friends and I laugh about this often, but it true.....so what happens now?
There is nothing worse than feeling ashamed of the life you chose, so fully step in. I'm proud to call myself a cocktail programmer, it speaks more to the creation part of my life. I am proud to use my platform to have a voice for my country of Liberia, I am proud to have my kids see me in print and know how hard I work to provide a life for them. I am also proud when I am requested for events and projects. The way I look at it we all are the help, we all answer to someone, do a service for pay and make to decision to work. I have learned to embrace it and live it with grace and style just like my momma thought me. Still in motion Keyatta

Comments

Popular Posts