Nutty Professor

I love to create cocktails, it's something I'm good at, well, that's what they say, lol. I ran the bar program at a very popular restaurant in Old 4th Ward for a while and something I enjoyed was creating seasonal cocktails. Earlier this year I created a dessert cocktail that I actually love. I hate to say this out loud, but really grinds my gears we people come to a busy bar and order coffee without liquor, I know, I know, that's petty, but it's annoying, it's not something that's kept at most bars, it's a pain in the ass, anyway, that was the idea behind this drink. I froze coffee in a large cube tray, then I took Cathead Pecan vodka ( a pretty cool brand ), Buffalo Cream ( Buffalo Trace's version of Baileys ) and Amaretto shook together in a tin and double strained over the coffee cube with a sprinkle of nutmeg. Now the part I hate the most, naming my drinks, I truly suck at it, lol. We are all tasting the drink and one of my favorite bartenders and actors, Mr. Cody Griffis took a long sip and said "Wow, how about The Nutty Professor?", and there you have it. We as creatives pride ourselves for being creative, but no one can do things alone. Still in motion, Keyatta

Comments

Popular Posts