Joining organizations....

You know, everyone has an opinion about joining organizations. Some think it's a waste of time with a bunch of losers that are all on the same level with no real networking purpose, other think it's a way to just hook up, lol. I actually like joining film organizations. For me it's an opportunity to meet people with like minds and possible business partners and investors. I actually was a member of WIFTA (Women in Film and TV Atlanta) for 2 years, it was what I put into it, if you join the committees, volunteer for the events and go to the workshops then you are going to be successful. I wish I had done that while I was a member, but next year, it's on the list. So how do you join the right organization and where do you start? First look for your specialty, for me anything with producers, writers, documentaries and women would be my first start with my research. Then, I would reach out to friend in it or invite friends so you have an encouraging partner when you are out, finally don't get wrapped up in the price, think investment. I love meeting new people and I love to chat, joining organizations only helps that, besides, if you are not getting anything from it, you can always leave. Still in motion Jenique

Comments

Popular Posts