Just plain new!!!

Happy New Years!!!!! So, you survived New Years eve and New Years day dinner. Hopefully you had some black eye peas for luck and greens for money. Now there is a whole lists of shit you told yourself you were going to do, lost weight, stop drinking, fast, go to church, whatever.....let's be honest, the older I get, the more realistic I am with myself, because I know myself. I am not speaking on others, just me, I have to make changes, because if you don't change things around you will get the same results. Since I turned 30 ( almost 10 years ago ) my resolution has been to make better decisions, however, comma, pause it hit me that it was a cope out! I had dinner at my friend Nia's house for New Years and I did something new, a bunch of us wrote our wishes, wants and dreams on a special piece of paper, meditate on it roll it up and burn it into the air. I know what you are thinking, that's too much, lol but I was nice, it's forced me to think and I feel like something new will happen. If I have not learned anything from 2016 it that anything can happen, from Trump being President, Prince died, I walked away from 2 careers and never looked back, to burying the Uncle that taught me the meaning of being fearless. It's new to me and it feels good. Happy New Years, just make it yours! Still in Motion Keyatta

Comments

Popular Posts