Ringing in 2017, what to do, what to do....

Hey Friends, As we come upon the New Year and you realize that you survived Christmas you decide you actually want to turn up. Being in the service industry depending on the type of bar you work at, New Years Eve off is out of the question, like Valentines Day. However( comma-pause) if you are off what to do, what to do.....well, church is on the table, if you go to the early service pray for all of us, you can hit the streets after, lol. Getting a table at a club or hotel, but unless you are paid or have a group of friends you want to bring the new year in with that could be an option. Then you have a house party, but do you throw one or go to one.....so many choices! For me, first I always wear this ridiculous sequins top hat a guest gave me one year on New Years Eve, lol, but the last few years have been a mix, last year I started work at Serpas and finished at The Soundtable, this year I will be back at The Soundtable working and honestly just invited any and everyone that gets off to come hang out. One of my favorite managers told me back at my Trois days, if you can't be with your people on New Years, invite them here, I got them on a round or 2. I can't lie, but my best New Years Eve was 2 years ago, I randomly had the night off and my girlfriend Nia invited me out with some of her friends from Nashville, her now fiancée and her brother to a club downtown, we had a party bus take us there, had a section, bottles and a great view of everything.
It was so nice to get dolled up and let some one else serve me. After we left the place, of course like everyone in the world, we were starving, but every place we went to had an hour wait plus, Nia was like "fuck this, I got eggs, grits, salmon and potatoes at the house", lol. We hopped in the party bus and went back to her house, lol I was her sous chef and within an hour we were all full and about to pass out. It was truly a great night. Life is very short, spend the important times with the people in your life that make it worth living and for the love of God, please don't drive, it would really suck to start 2017 in jail, just saying. Still in motion Keyatta

Comments

Popular Posts