I don't hate you, but I wish you inconveniences

So last year I was working with my friend Tiffanie were consulting for a place that we really believed in. It was the first full restaurant consulting gig for me and I learned a lot, from meeting the neighbors, hiring staff, menu tasting of food, cocktails, beer and wine, numbering tables working with the POS systems, meeting and scheduling distributors. The days and nights were long, we would recap with each other after at the neighborhood bars. One night we walked into the BBQ spot and the kitchen had just closed but the bar was still open. It was me, Tiffanie and another close friend of ours named Vidal. We are just sitting and a very bubbly bartender comes up and serves us some local beers. We are going back and forth about the day and the shift and at some point the bubbly bartender chimes in and asks where we work. We tell her and introduce ourselves to each other, her name is Becca, she welcomes us to the neighborhood. She serves us a round of shots and we start just venting, that's what happens when you shoot whatever the bartender hands you, lol. Becca pops back to check on us when she overhears me say "I hate you", she smiles and says "You know, I don't hate people anymore....but I wish you inconveniences". We all look at each other and start laughing. She repeats herself and Tiffanie says "What does that mean?" " I don't hate you, but I hope you go to a bar and every drink you order has a hair in it, I don't hate you, but I hope you are tired and ready to go home and you break your key in your door, lol" we all burst into laughter! The rest of the night we went around saying inconveniences. It was a great night, but as I headed home, it hit me how powerful words are, anyone that knows me knows I have a potty mouth, I say a lot of things I don't mean, but as I get older, I realize how empty some words are and it's not worth even saying. I'm not saying I going to stop cursing overnight, but I am a work in progress, like the rest of us. Still in motion Keyatta

Comments

Popular Posts